edge.ug
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Education & Health
    • Regional News
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Security
  • Tour & Travel
  • Sports
Sign In
  • Join US
edge.ugedge.ug
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Security
  • Tour & Travel
  • Sports
Search
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Education & Health
    • Regional News
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Security
  • Tour & Travel
  • Sports
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© edge.ug. This news site is licensed by the Uganda Communications Commission (UCC).
Home » Blog » Pedestrian killed on Kampala-Entebbe Expressway
NewsSecurity

Pedestrian killed on Kampala-Entebbe Expressway

Our Reporter
Last updated: August 17, 2026 5:21 am
Our Reporter
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

KAMPALA — A pedestrian has been killed in a road crash on the Kampala-Entebbe Expressway, prompting renewed warnings against walking or crossing the highway at unauthorised points.

The fatal incident occurred at about KM 3 on the Kajjansi-Busega section, near a sharp bend, according to the Kampala-Entebbe Expressway management.

In a safety alert issued after the incident, the expressway authorities said they were saddened by the death and warned pedestrians, particularly residents living near the highway, against accessing or crossing the expressway.

“This tragic incident is a reminder of the serious dangers of attempting to cross or walk along the Expressway,” the authorities said.

They said communities living near the road had previously been engaged and warned against crossing the expressway, cutting or tampering with the safety fence, or using unauthorised access points.

The public has been urged to use designated pedestrian crossing points instead.

Authorities also cautioned motorists to observe the prescribed speed limits, remain alert and exercise additional caution when approaching bends and exit points.

The identity of the deceased had not been released by the time of reporting.

Emergency response teams and police were reportedly deployed to the scene to manage the incident and clear debris from the badly damaged vehicle.

The incident also affected traffic flow along the expressway, with authorities reporting multiple incidents in the area during the evening.

The latest fatality comes amid continuing concerns over road safety in Uganda. According to national road safety figures cited by authorities, 5,383 people died in road crashes in 2025, underscoring concerns about speeding, pedestrian safety and enforcement on major highways.

The Kampala-Entebbe Expressway has previously warned motorists and pedestrians about the dangers associated with speeding, unauthorised access and failure to observe road safety measures.

Expressway management has appealed to all road users to take personal responsibility for safety and to report emergencies or seek assistance through 0800 270 170.

The circumstances surrounding the crash, including the identity of the victim and the vehicle involved, remain subject to further investigation.

You Might Also Like

City robber netted, Shs21m recovered

Muhoozi urges Mao to drop speaker bid

Kakiri police probe kidnap, murder of tricycle operator

Archbishop Kaziimba visits Miria Matembe

Nwoya CAO arrested over abuse of office and theft

TAGGED:Kampala-Entebbe ExpresswayPedestrian
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Popular Posts

Uganda’s U17 historical team returns home

Our Reporter
By Our Reporter
November 24, 2025
Museveni woos Iganga as he recounts liberation struggle
Tuko Pamoja, Uganda: Making of a Nation, Wins Best Documentary Award in India
Pearl Bank Named Best Bank in Agriculture and Top Fintech Partner
Havana Hosts Uganda: Parliaments Engage in Bilateral Exchange
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

You Might Also Like

Security

Two children perish in Kawempe house fire

2 Min Read
Security

3 arrested over viral assault video in Katwe

1 Min Read
NewsPolitics

Besigye still in ICU as family awaits official medical update

3 Min Read
News

Nema halts illegal sand mining in Nakaseke and Nakasongola

1 Min Read
edge.ug

edge.ug is a digital news network delivering instant updates from Uganda.

Contact Us

Phone: +255 703994605
Email: info@edge.ug /ugandaedge@gmail.com

- Advertisement -
Ad image

edge.ug. This news site is licensed by the Uganda Communications Commission (UCC).

Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?