Government has reassured Ugandans who missed out on Covid-19 relief cash not to lose hope.
Data of over 170,000 beneficiaries is still pending verification.
“We are having some few issues that are making us delay to send the Covid Relief funds to the remaining groups of people,” reads a tweet on Nabbanja’s Twitter handle.
“But any time from now we will be done and so please be patient for one more time.. THANKS VERY MUCH.”
On Monday, media reported that Nabbanja had banned food donations for breach of COVID-19 safety regulations.
She advised generous people willing to help the needy to opt for mobile money donations like Government did.
“I sit beside the road with these mangoes for the entire day without any buyer coming by. I call upon Hon Nabbanja to come to our rescue,” Christine Akwero, a street vendor, told New Vision.
At the close of last week, residents of Fort Portal City who registered for the COVID-19 lockdown relief funds but did not receive the UGX 100,000 cried out to Nabbanja.
Friday was the deadline for sending out funds after it was pushed from Wednesday.
“Nabbanja it’s not your money its taxpayers money, please give it to those who deserve to get it because even the little is not reaching those that it should reach,” said National Unity Spokesperson Joel Ssenyonyi.
“Let’s be serious, some of these things do not require rocket science,” he added while appearing on NTV “on the spot” programme.
Meanwhile, the hands-on Majegere aka Airforce One was at her home helping the Works and Transport engineering team.
The team led by the Engineer-in-Chief Eng Samson Bagonza was over the weekend helping improve access to Nabbanja’s Kampala residence.