President Museveni has threatened to impose a total lockdown if Ugandans don’t follow his directives on prevention of Covid19.
He said instead of arresting people who violate Covid-19 rules to fill up jails, they will pay.
Those who don’t comply will be fined in monetary terms.
The secretary for treasury will issue statutory instruments.
“They give you a ticket and you pay in the bank. We don’t want our people to touch that money.”
- All schools and institutions of learning have been closed for 42 days and all teachers should get compulsory vaccination before opening.
- All places of worship have been closed for 42 days.
- All Public and cultural gatherings including conferences are suspended for 42 days.
- Travel to banned countries remain restricted.
- Agricultural activities should continue as usual.
- Shopping malls, factories and supermarkets can continue operating
- Taxi parks, markets, and big farms can operate with strict S.O.Ps.
- Marriage ceremonies and social gatherings are banned except for 20 people only.
- House parties are banned.
- Number of persons at burial should not exceed 20 people.
- Weekly markets are banned for 42 days.
- Cattle markets are banned for 42 days.
- public transport, buses and taxes between districts are banned.
All inter district travel is banned for 42 days.
- Cargo tracks, essential and emergency transport is allowed.
- Travel within a district is allowed.
- Cargo trucks are only allowed to carry two people.
- Food markets continue to operate.
- Bars, cinemas, and disco remain closed
- Sporting activities can continue but without spectators
- Public places should have strict sops
- Public places should have some one in charge to enforce sops
- Private vehicles should not carry more 3 people
- Inter-district travel also banned for private vehicles
- Ambulance and security vehicles allowed to move normally
- Shopping mall, and hardware shops allowed to operate with sops and close at 7PM.
- Saloons allowed to operate with sops
- Lodges allowed to operate without bars
- Factories are allowed to operate with Sops
- construction cites allowed to operate
- cargo tracks allowed to cross to neighboring countries
30.Boda are allowed to operate up to 6 PM
- Curfew time remains at 9PM
- Failure to comply will attack a fine but not jail.
- All these directives take immediate effect from tomorrow Monday 7th of June.
The president said if these measures aren’t followed, he will enforce a total lockdown.