National Unity Platform leader Robert Kyagulanyi aka Bobi Wine has turned 39.
Kyagulanyi was born on February 12, 1982 in Nkozi Hospital, where his late mother worked.
He grew up in the Kamwokya slum in the northeastern part of Kampala, the capital city of Uganda.
Known by his stage name Bobi Wine, the inspirational Ghetto Child is a politician, singer, actor and businessman.
He served as Member of Parliament for Kyadondo County East constituency in Wakiso District, in Uganda’s Central Region.
He also leads the National Unity Platform political party.
In June 2019, he announced his candidacy for the 2021 Ugandan presidential election.
He participated in the January 14 presidential election and lost to the incumbent President Museveni.
He, however, filed a petition in Supreme Court rejecting the results of the election.
The Supreme Court has since given just two hours and 20 minutes to all the four parties to the presidential petition to make oral submissions for or against the suit.
• February 11 – 14 – Kyagulanyi lawyers to file and serve all affidavit evidence
• February 14 – 20 – Museveni, EC and AG file their replies
• February 23 – Filing Kyagulanyi’s affidavit evidence in rejoinder
• February 24 – Pre-hearing session and handling of applications if any.
• February 25 and 26 – Cross examination of witnesses and presentation of electronic evidence if any.
• February 27 – File Kyagulanyi’s written submissions
• March 3 – Respondents (Mr Museveni, EC & AG) file their written submissions in response.
• March 4 – Mr Kyagulanyi files his rejoinder.
• March 5 – Court convenes for lawyers to highlight their oral submissions, with each party taking 30 minutes and 20 minutes for rejoinder.
• March 18 – Delivery of court summary judgment
Other highlights • Desks shall be availed at the court premises for each party to enable expeditious service
• Court registry shall be open during weekend to enable filing of documents
• Documents filed late shall be rejected
• Electronic evidence must be received (3 copies each) and checked by IT- officer to confirm what is received.