In 4 years, NRM Secretary General Rt. Hon. Justine Kasule Lumumba and her team have been able to register several successes.
They are listed by Rogers Mulindwa, Senior Manager Information, Communication and Public Relations, NRM.
PRESIDENTIAL & PARLIAMENTARY POLLS
1. NRM won with 60.2% in 2016 Presidential elections.
2. A total of 12 NRM MPs sailed through the 2016 elections unopposed.
3.Registered overwhelming majority in Parliament with 298 NRM Legislators (70.43%).
4. Harmonised positions to with both positions of Speaker and Deputy Speaker.
5. Of the 5 Workers MPs, 4 are NRM and one Independent.
6. NRM won 3 out of the 5 slots for Youth MPs. The two are independents.
7. From the polls for PWD Members of Parliament, NRM secured 3 and the remaining 2 are NRM friendly Independents.
2016 LOCAL GOVT ELECTIONS
8. A total of 15 NRM District Chairpersons were unopposed and the Party won in 83 out of 112 Districts.
9. Out of the 3267 seats of District Councillors, NRM won 2556 (78.2%).
10. NRM won 14 out of the 35 Mayoral seats and 579 out 968 Municipal Councillors (59.8%).
11. Of the 1326 Sub Counties countrywide, NRM had 923 candidates winning the LCIII seats (69.6%).
12. NRM had 10,738 Sub County Councillors unopposed and in total won 12,732 out of the 16,951 seats.
13. We won 174 (70.6) out of the 229 positions of Directly elected Women Councillors.
14. NRM had 56% victory in elections of District Workers Councillors. 48 were unopposed.
LOCAL COUNCIL I ELECTIONS
15. NRM claimed 72% from the LCI elections across the country.
WOMEN COUNCIL POLLS
16. NRM swept the Women Councils from villages to the National level. The National Women Council Executive Committee has no single opposition but only NRM who went through unopposed.
NRM GETS HOME
Most importantly, History will have it that Rt. Hon Lumumba’s creativity and commitment on duty saw NRM mobilise resources to buy off the premises located at Plot 10, Kyadondo Road in Kampala City as the Party Headquarters.