Want English Premier League? Want UEFA Champions League? Want Serie A? Want LaLiga? Want the FA Cup? Want it all in one place? SuperSport is THE place to enjoy the best football from around the world, exclusively, with 11 channels of football on a revised channel line-up that makes it easier than ever before, to find the sport you want to watch!
SuperSport launches fan-focused channel line-up
Easier navigation and a better viewing experience motivated SuperSport’s decision to drop the numbering system it has used for its channels for more than two decades, replacing them with a thematic offering around individual sports to enable viewers to find their favourite sports from 1 September.
DStv customers can enjoy:
• SuperSport Blitz remains your home for all the latest breaking news and updates from around the sports world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• SuperSport Grandstand Premium Experience showcasing all of SuperSport’s live programming with a focus on football and the best live sport across all our channels.
• SuperSport Football Plus brings viewers the top UEFA Champions League matches, football from across the best football leagues in the world, game highlights, goal summaries, news and magazine shows.
• SuperSport Premier League will be the home of action from England’s Premier League, with the best games, highlights and coverage of PL. The channel will also broadcast FA Cup and other international action.
• SuperSport LaLiga is your new home for Spanish football and will focus on La Liga action, the home of El Clasico, and other international football.
• SuperSport Football will offer selected access to matches from the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, African football leagues and others.
• SuperSport Variety 1, 2, 3 and 4 will cover football, WWE, athletics, marathons, boxing and a range of other events, both African and international.
• SuperSport Action, your home for combat sports such as MMA – featuring the UFC and EFC – and boxing from around the globe.
• SuperSport Rugby, the central hub for all rugby.
• SuperSport Cricket your home for Test matches, One Day Internationals, IPL cricket and everything involving bats and balls.
• SuperSport Golf, SuperSport Tennis and SuperSport Motorsport respectively, with each channel dedicated to its specific sport.
• WWE Channel brings you the best of action from the WWE universe.
• SuperSport Maximo 1, SuperSport Maximo 2 and SuperSport Maximo 360 continue to provide Portuguese commentary of the best sporting action from around the world.
In addition to SuperSport Blitz, SuperSport Football, SuperSport La Liga and Maximo 360 – GOtv customers can also enjoy SuperSport Select 1 and SuperSport Select 2 variety channels featuring action from major football leagues, boxing, athletics, marathons and much more!
SuperSport broadcasts more live sport than any other broadcaster internationally and, as much as these options are incredibly valuable to fans, the depth and breadth of content can make it difficult to find what they’re looking for. Exhaustive market research has shown that fans prefer to enjoy the sport of their choice on a dedicated, named channel.
For more details about the new SuperSport channel line-up, and where to find your favourite sport, visit https://supersport.com/homeofsport
Welcome back, ESPN
The ESPN channels made a long-awaited – and much-requested – return to DStv and GOtv on 29 July, making the two platforms the Home of American Sports in Africa. ESPN 1 and ESPN 2 will deliver coverage of exciting sporting codes such as the NBA, MLB & MLS, as well as exciting documentary programming and talk shows.
Combat Sport lives on DStv & GOtv
Both UFC and WWE were mainstays of the SuperSport live offering during lockdown, as some of the only international sports that were able to continue in the face of the pandemic.
The ever-popular WWE gave viewers the opportunity to tune in under lockdown – and they certainly did, making it the most-watched sporting content over the 4-month period.
In certain markets, UFC viewership also grew by 200% – and viewers have stayed locked into the brutal action, even as other live sport has returned.