Hon Sam Kutesa the Minister of Foreign Affairs Uganda, has urged able Ugandans in China to register with the Embassy in Beijing and the Consulate in Guangzhou for assistance.
The Uganda Embassy in Washington, DC is seeking to register and verify stranded Ugandan nationals who are currently in its area of accreditation (United States of America, Central and South America, as well as the Caribbean – with the exception of Cuba), and because of the COVID-19 pandemic, are not able to return home.
Such individuals may include students or Research Fellows who have completed their studies or programs and short-term visitors / non-immigrant visa holders of all categories whose travel plans were disrupted by border closures.
This exercise does NOT include Ugandans who already have a settled status in the United States of America, Central America, South America and the Caribbean or had no plans to return to Uganda.
This exercise will take place in all other countries where Uganda has embassies and where Ugandans are living.
If you meet the above criteria, please send us your contact details, including the following;
1. Your names and Residential & Work Place or institutional addresses in Uganda;
2. Current physical address and telephone contact in your host country;
3. Copy of bio-data page of your Ugandan passport,
4. Scanned page of the relevant host country visa;
5. Copy of return air ticket (where available);
6. Particulars of current sponsoring persons or institutions (in case of groups and students).