Kampala Metropolitan Police is stranded with 10 children that were reported as missing during the Covid 19 partial lockdown.
The children were picked from various places within Kampala Metropolitan Policing area.
“We appeal to the parents, guardians, relatives or anyone who knows any of the children to come to Central Police Station, Child and Family desk or call telephone number 0714403295,” said KMP spokesperson Patrick Onyango.
The children are currently being kept at CPS Children Reception Centre.
The children are:
1. In yellow dress is Lilian 14 years. She was picked from Namungoona, Kampala. She comes from Mubende.
2. In purple is Banenema 15 years, she came with her father to Bukalango. She is from Kyegegwa. The father disappeared until now.
3.Scovia 11 years. She is from Bugiri. Scovia came with brother to Kampala but the brother started miss treating her. She ran away from home. We have tried to trace for the brother in Natete but all in vain.
4. Kayemba 12 years a resident of Ndeeba, Kampala.
He was brought to Police together with his mother who was of unsound mind, later the mother escaped before taking her to Butabika leaving Kayemba at the Station.
5. Kizza Mackline 15 years from Kibito Sub county, Fort Portal.
6. Wasswa Mulongo Baahir 12 years from Nkonge Luweero.
7.Nakaami Lilian 17 years from Mbale (Kasanvu).
8. Musinzi Issa from Kamuli.
10. Kaliba 6 years.
“We appeal to whatever can help us in tracing for the relatives of these children to contact the Child and Family Protection Unit of CPS Kampala,” he added.