Regional Affairs State minister Philemon Mateke has dismissed as rubbish a tweet allegedly sent from his twitter handle calling for war on Rwanda.
Mateke told media over the weekend that government has launched investigations into the authorship of a tweet claiming he asked government to “respond” to the killing of Ugandans by Rwandan military forces.
The tweet attributed to the junior regional affairs minister circulated on social media last week.
The tweet suggested that the minister had lost faith in the use of diplomacy to mend relations between the two countries because Rwanda appeared uninterested in the use of diplomacy.
The tweet further indicated that the minister had earlier warned Uganda not to sign a pact with Rwanda because it would not work, adding that no good can ever come out of signing a pact with her southern neighbour.
Speaking as a chief guest at the side-lines of the India’s 70th national day celebrations on Friday, Dr Mateke said he does have a Twitter account, adding that his mobile phone handset, is not smart.
He believes that the tweet has origins in Rwanda.
“I have instructed the Ministry of Internal Affairs to investigate the authorship of that message. See the only phone I have. There are people inside Rwanda who have issues with me,” he said.
Responding to questions around the number of Ugandans that have died and what government has so far done about it, Dr Mateke said the Presidents are engaged in discussions about the matter.
Credit: Daily Monitor