The Uganda Communications Commission will hold the 7th edition of Uganda Film Festival from 25th to 29th November 2019.
The festival will entail various activities, which include; film exhibition market, film screenings, workshops and forums, organised within the festival week.
“The Uganda Film Festival” initiative was established in 2013 to promote the local film industry both locally and internationally, and to bring all the industry stakeholders together in a more focused and structured environment. This is aimed at creating a lucrative industry economically and socially to preserve our national values through film just like many countries, Nigeria and USA.
CRITERIA FOR SUBMISSION OF FILMS
All films submitted should comply with the following;
WHERE TO SUBMIT & DEADLINES
The festival organisers must have received the completed and signed entry form together with a SOFT COPY OF THE FILM AND 2 DVDs PAL. Submission deadline will be the end of day 15th September 2019.
The film(s) must be delivered to Uganda Communication Commission (UCC) offices Plot 42-44 Bugolobi, Communications House and at the UCC regional offices in Mbarara, Mbale, Gulu and Masindi or sent to UCC P.O. Box 7376 Kampala, Uganda.
A dully filled Film submission form can be sent to the Uganda Film Festival website www.ugandafilmfestival.ug, and a soft copy and 2 DVDs delivered/sent to the addresses above or through the online link https://filmfreeway.com/UGANDAFILMFESTIVAL-1
- The film(s) for submission for Festival should have been produced after May 2018 and must not have featured in any of the previous Uganda film Festivals.
- Films from any country other than East Africa will be accepted at the festival at a fee of 15 Dollars.
- A duly filled and signed Film submission form.
Eligibility of Films; To be eligible for consideration, all films must meet the following requirements:
- Animation (2 min+.)
- Short films (up to 35min or less)
- Feature-length films (60+ min.)
- Documentary films (5+ min-40mins)
- TV Drama/Series: Producer submits (2 episodes only between 5Mins – 40 Mins)
- Student films:Postgraduate film works are excluded from submission in the student category for competition.
- Participation in the 2019 festival implies acceptance of the rules and regulations by filmmakers and producers.
- All selected films may be screened or broadcasted in the selected media outlets on the discretion of the Festival organising committee.
- Films that were previously submitted to other festivals other than the Uganda Film Festival are acceptable into the submission of the Uganda Film Festival 2019.
- There are NO SUBMISSION fees for the film(s) from Uganda in the UFF 2019 edition. Films from other countries will have to pay a fee of 15 Dollars.
- Film(s) that are submitted for the Festival in any other format shall not be considered. The film(s) submitted in their INDIGENOUS LANGUAGE should have ENGLISH SUBTITLES.