One person has died while nine others are admitted in Napak District in Karamoja sub-region after consuming poisoned porridge served by World Food Programme [WFP].
The porridge was prepared from Super Cereal Plus blended flour previously distributed by World Food Programme to the health centres.
Marita Imalany, 6, the deceased was a resident of Lorikita parish, Lots village in Lokopo Sub County and a primary one pupil of Lokopo Primary School in Lokopo Sub County.
She died at Lokopo health centre III on Wednesday morning bringing the total number to five people.
The victims got the flour from one of the midwives working at Lokopo health centre III who had kept it.
The district and WFP officials had directed people to return the porridge after it turned out to be dangerous to people’s health.
Last month, WFP suspended the distribution of all nutritious porridge flour in the region after 120 families were affected.