By The Independent UK
Chris Brown has responded on Instagram to an allegation of rape.
The US singer and two associates were released yesterday (22 January) after being detained by French officials.
A 24-year-old woman had claimed the three men raped her at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Paris after they met at a night club on the Champs-Élysées.
Chris Brown released without charge after being held over rape claim
While an investigation reportedly remains ongoing, Brown took to social media to plead innocence, labelling the accusations “false”.
“I wanna make it perfectly clear,” the 29-year-old wrote in caps on Instagram. “This is false and a whole lot of c***!
“For my daughter and my family, this is so disrespectful and is against my character and morals.”
The caption was posted alongside an image of the words “This b**** lyin’”.
Brown’s lawyer, Raphael Chiche, has since said the singer “energetically” claimed his own innocence and intends to sue the accuser for defamation.
Brown is suing the unnamed woman who alleged that he raped for defamation.
Brown’s Parisian lawyer Raphael Chiche, told TMZ that they plan to file a complaint ASAP.
“Chris Brown is free. No lawsuits were filed against him. He vigorously challenges the charges against him,” Chiche said.
“A complaint for slanderous denunciation will be filed tomorrow with the public prosecutor of Paris.”
TMZ added that the singer was released on Tuesday and allowed to leave the country.
Brown was previously convicted of assaulting the artist Rihanna, his then-girlfriend, at a pre-Grammys party in 2009.