Judicial officers under their umbrella association, the Uganda Judicial Officers’ Association (UJOA) on February 12, 2018 gathered at the High Court for their Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The Deputy Chief Justice, Hon. Justice Alphonse Owiny Dollo presided over the function. In his address, the Deputy Chief Justice, appealed to judicial officers to work in unity for the good of the Judiciary.
His appeal was re-echoed by the Chief Registrar, HW Gadenya Paul Wolimbwa, who urged members and the executive to work with Judiciary administration to ensure unity.
The judicial officers also resolved to suspend their intended strike until next financial year. “We have achieved the objectives of our intended strike and there is no reason for it,” HW Godfrey Kaweesa, President of the Judicial Officers’ body said.
Some of the highlights of the AGM included the launch of the UJOA Strategic Investment Plan and corporate website by the Deputy Chief Justice.
The climax of the AGM was the election of the new executive committee that saw HW Godfrey Kaweesa bounce back as president.
Thereafter, a sumptuous meal, catered by Grand Imperial Hotel, was served to the judicial officers, thanks to the Judiciary administration.
New UJOA Executive
- HW Godfrey Kaweesa (CM Mukono) – President
- HW Sheilla Gloria Atim (Magistrate G1 Apac) – Vice President
- HW Elisha Arinaitwe(Magistrate G1 Katakwi) – General Secretary
- HW Happy Anne Kyomuhangi (Magistrate G1 Bududa) – Assistant Gen. Secretary
- HW Winifred Naigaga Kyobiika (Magistrate G1 Mubende) – Treasurer
- HW Beatrice Khainza(Magistrate G1 City Hall) – Assistant Treasurer
- HW Nasuru Magomu(Magistrate G1 Ntungamo) – Editor
- HW Nicholas Aisu(Magistrate G1 Sironko) – Assistant Editor
- Hon. Lady Justice Esther Kisaakye – Representative, Supreme Court
- Hon. Justice Cheborion Barishaki – Representative, Court of Appeal.
- Hon. Lady Justice Jane Kiggundu – Representative, High Court
- HW Rosemary Ngabirano Bareebe – Representative, Registrars
- HW Samuel Munobe -Representative, Chief Magistrates
- HW Adam Byarugaba -Representative, Magistrates Grade One
- HW Christopher Othieno – Representative, Magistrates Grade Two.