The final group E games for the FIFA 2018 World Cup Russia qualification were played on Sunday evening.
Uganda Cranes and Congo Red Devils ended one goal apiece at the Stade De L’Unite, Kintele in Brazzaville.
The home side took the lead through defender Marvin Baudry in the 10th minute.
There was a quick response by Uganda Cranes when Vipers Sports Club forward Milton Karisa scored the equalizer in the 11th minute.
Defender Murushid Jjuuko chipped a high ball for Geofrey Sserunkuma who back heeled to Muzamiru Mutyaba.
Mutyaba laid the ball in the path of Karisa on the far right whose cross at goal kissed the post and sailed into the net for the equalizer.
Both sides had opportunities to bury off the game not utilized to perfection.
In the second half, Uganda Cranes made all the three substitutions count.
First, it was a double change after 55 minutes when KCCA midfielder Muzamiru Mutyaba paved way for Sports Club Villa Jogoo midfielder Allan Kyambadde and Derrick Nsibambi replaced Geofrey Sserunkuma.
The final change was conducted 5 minutes to full time. KCCA left winger Isaac Muleme was replaced by Vipers midfielder Tom Masiko.
Uganda’s Murushid Jjuuko and Nico Wakiro Wadada were both cautioned by the day’s referee.
Romaric Etou Thomaso was also booked for the home side.
With Egypt already through to the final tournament in Russia next year, the match between Uganda and Congo was just mandatory.
The Cranes finish the campaign with 9 points and Congo with just two points.
Focus and attention immediately turns to the preparations for CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup 2017, COSAFA U-20 in Zambia, the CHAN 2019 tournament in Morocco and the qualifiers for AFCON 2019.
The Uganda delegation will return home on Monday, 13th November 2017 at 9pm.
Uganda Cranes XI: Denis Onyango (G.K and Captain), Nico Wakiro Wadada, Godfrey Walusimbi, Isaac Isinde, Murushid Jjuuko, Hassan Wasswa Mawanda, Dennis Iguma, Muzamiru Mutyaba (55′ Allan Kyambadde), Milton Karisa, Geofrey Sserunkuma (Derrick Nsibambi), Isaac Muleme (86′ Tom Masiko)
Subs Not Used: Ismael Watenga, Benjamin Ochan (Goalkeepers), Nelson Senkatuka, Paul Mucureezi, Benard Muwanga, Timothy Awanyi
- Referee: Mohammed Hussein El Fadhil – Sudan
- Assistant Referee 1: Ibrahim Mohammed Abdallah – Sudan
- Assistant Referee 2: Egueh Yacin Hassan – Djibouti
- 4th Official: Ismail Mahmood Ali Mahmood – Sudan
- Referee Assessor: Mfubusa Bernard – Burundi
- Match Commissioner: Ndoumbou Likouni Dieudonne – Gabon
Uganda Cranes’ FIFA 2018 World Cup Matches:
- 12th.November 2015: Togo 0-1 Uganda
- 15th.November 2015 :Uganda 3-0 Togo
- 7th October 16: Ghana 0- 0 Uganda
- 12th November 16: Uganda 1 -0 Congo
- 31st August. 2017: Uganda 1-0 Egypt
- 5th September 2017: Egypt 1-0 Uganda
- 7th October 2017: Uganda 0-0 Ghana
- 12th.November 2017: Congo 1-1 Uganda