Five children were burnt to death on Tuesday morning in their house.
Police received a report at Bukwiri Police Station which was made by one Mohammed Ssali a resident of Butemba Township Bukwiri Kyankwanzi district of fire outbreak at his residence.
Police visited the scene but the lives of five children Musimbi Hassan 12 years, Falidha Kakungulu 10 years, Nambuya Kamiyat 9 years, Wakholi Akhram 7 years and Nakituyi Hamida couldn’t be saved.
The five children all perished in the fire, according to former Kampala Metropolitan police spokesperson, Patrick Onyango.
The cause of fire was an unattended to candle which was left burning.
Bodies of the dead were taken to Kiboga Hospital for Post mortem.
Onyango cautioned parents never leave children alone in the house with a burning candle.